• Concern America's Innovative Health Promoter Practitioner Model was selected once again as a semi-finalist for the Buckminster Fuller Challenge a second year in a row ! Read the Press Release and visit the Buckminster Fuller Challenge site to read about Concern America's submission. Finalists will be announced soon!
• Concern America field team members have created an incredible website of technical resources for appropriate technology projects, free for use by all: www.itacanet.org.
Concern America is an international development and refugee aid organization that provides long-term, community-based development and support to economically impoverished communities throughout the world. What distinguishes the work of Concern America is its belief that the transformation of impoverished communities comes from engaging local members in the solutions to their problems. Concern America does this by training community members in health, education, construction, and income-generation, so that the villagers themselves become the health care providers, educators, well-diggers, cooperative members, etc.
Since its establishment in 1972, Concern America has worked in fifteen countries on three continents, making a measurable difference in the lives of more than two million people in thousands of communities. In this country, Concern America infuses a global perspective into social justice education, health, and fair-trade programs. Concern America is based in Santa Ana, California.
• Concern America will be selling its fair trade crafts at the annual Noche de Altares (Day of the Dead) event on November 1 in downtown Santa Ana. Come visit us and enjoy this amazing celebration!
• Concern America's annual office crafts sale will be on Friday, November 14, from 3:00-8:00pm. All are welcome to stop by at 2015 N. Broadway, Santa Ana. Refreshments provided!
• Two upcoming education events: (1) Education night with two of our volunteers from Mexico on Friday, December 5, 7:00-9:00pm! (2) Annual Winter Gathering on Saturday, December 13, in the evening!
• Get monthly updates on the work of Concern America through our new "Beats from a Global Heart" e-newsletter!