Concern America recruits and sends professionals who serve as volunteers for two or (often) more years. Medical doctors, public health specialists, educators, engineers, and other experts are sent to share their skills and knowledge with community leaders in developing countries.
After eight to ten years in an area, the Concern America team leaves in place trained local people who are now able to continue the work and to bring it to neighboring communities.
Concern America is currently engaged in development projects in Mexico, Guatemala, Colombia, and Mozambique.
• Degree/experience in public health, medicine, nutrition, nursing, agriculture, community development, education, or appropriate technology, depending on the position.
• Fluency in Spanish (except for the project in Mozambique) or ability to learn Spanish at own expense
• At least 21 years of age.
• Work experience abroad desirable.
• Minimum commitment of two years. There are no short-term internships or assignments.
• Click here to download the application!
Concern America Provides
• Room, board, round trip transportation, annual trip home, health insurance.
• Monthly stipend.
• Support services from the home office.
• Repatriation allowance.
• Aplicacíon en español
For more information, or any questions please contact Field Coordinator Cat Quinn or call 1-800-CONCERN (266-2376).